Japan Driving and Vehicle information

To become a licensed driver in Okinawa, you will need to obtain a Status Of Forces Agreement (SOFA) license after taking and passing the written driving test.

[Last REVIEW: 25 FEBRUARY 2022]
  • Driving in Okinawa :: Marine Corps Installations Pacific (MCIPAC) information source including the Drivers Handbook, License Testing Rules & Procedures, & other driving specifics.

[Last Update: 25 FEBRUARY 2022]
  • Vehicle Registration Office :: Located on Camp Foster and serves all Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) personnel for buying, selling, Japanese Compulsory Insurance (JCI) inspections, junking, self-registering, Road Tax, forms and waivers, and applicable regulations for vehicles on Okinawa.

  • PCSMyPOV.com :: Official site for moving or storing your POV.